Tart Dough Ingredients5 Total
- 1 1/2 cups (190g) gluten-free flour
- 2 tsp (6.3g) sugar
- 1/2 cup (113.6g) vegan butter
- 4 1/4 cup (57g) cold water
- 1/2 tsp (2.5g) vnlla Pure Vanilla Extract
Pastry Cream Ingredients7 Total
- 1 3/4 tsp (16g) gluten-free flour
- 4 1/4 tsp (32g) cornstarch
- 1 1/4 tsp (8g) salt
- 4 ea (200g) eggs
- 4 cups (920g) coconut milk
- 1/4 cup (56.8g) vegan butter
- 1 tsp (5g) vnlla Vanilla Extract + Lemon
Meringue Ingredients5 Total
- 1/2 cup (100g) sugar
- 2 ea (50g) egg white
- 1.5 tbsp (25g) lemon juice
- 3/4 tsp (4g) salt
- vnlla Vanilla Extract + Lemon
Meyer Lemon Ingredients2 Total
- 1/3 cup (80g) Meyer lemon juice
- 1/3 cup (80g) sugar
- Place the sugar, butter, and vnlla Pure Vanilla Extract into the bowl of a mixer and, using the paddle attachment, mix until homogenous.
- Sift in the flour and slowly add cold water until the dough is homogenous. Allow to rest overnight.
- To bake tarts, pre-heat your oven to 350F. Place 42g into a 4″ tart shell and press evenly into an even layer. Place baking weights over the tart dough and bake for 10 minutes. Next, remove the weights and bake for another 8 minutes.
- For the pastry cream, mix the cornstarch and 1/4 of the coconut milk to create a slurry.
- In a pot, add your flour, salt, egg, coconut milk, and cornstarch slurry. Mix well then heat over medium high heat until the mixture comes to a boil. Remove the pot from heat and whisk in butter and vnlla Vanilla Extract + Lemon. Strain and cool.
- For the meringue, place the egg white and Vanilla Extract + Lemon into the bowl of a mixer and, using the whisk attachment, whisk to stiff peaks.
- While the whites are being whisked, bring the sugar, lemon juice, and salt to 240F.
- Slowly pour the sugar mixture into the egg whites in a steady stream.
- Continue to whisk the mixture on high until the peaks are stiff, the meringue is glossy, and the mixture is cool.
- For the Meyer Lemon, peel the lemons and, using a knife, remove the pith.
- Cut into even strips and place into a pot with cold water.
- Bring to a simmer, then strain.
- Repeat this 2 more times, replacing with fresh water each time.
- Place 100g Meyer Lemon juice and 100g sugar into a pot and bring to a boil.
- Pour over blanched/drained strips of Meyer Lemon peel.
- Store the peel in the sweetened Meyer Lemon juice.
Want more good stuff?
Sign up for our newsletter to get tasty recipes and other sweet surprises.