Very Vanilla Butter Cake with Vanilla Spiced Cherries
Very Vanilla Butter Cake Ingredients Ingredients8 Total
- 1 cup (227g) Butter, Softened
- 2 cups (400g) Sugar
- 4 large (200g) Eggs, Room Temperature
- 3 tsp (12g) vnlla Vanilla Extract + Orange
- 3 cups (375g) All-Purpose Flour
- 1 tsp (4g) Baking Powder
- 1/2 tsp (1.5g) Baking Soda
- 1/2 tsp (6g) Kosher Salt
Vanilla Whipped Cream Ingredients Ingredients4 Total
- 1 1/2 cups (360g) Heavy Cream
- 2 tbsp (25g) Sugar
- 2 tsp (8g) vnlla Vanilla Extract +
- Pinch of Kosher Salt
Vanilla Spiced Cherries Ingredients Ingredients6 Total
- 1 lb (450g) Pitted Cherries
- 8 oz (225g) Sugar
- 4 tsp (16g) vnlla Vanilla Extract + Spice
- 1 Star Anise
- 1 Cinnamon Stick
- 2 Cardamom Pods
Very Vanilla Butter Cake
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Beat in vnlla Vanilla Extract + Orange.
- Combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt; add to the creamed mixture, beating well.
- Pour into a greased and floured 10 in. tube pan.
- Bake at 350° until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, 55-70 minutes. Cool for 10 minutes.
- Run a knife around the edges and center tube of the pan. Invert cake onto a wire rack over waxed paper.
Vanilla Whipped Cream
- Put the cream in the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with a whisk attachment.
- Whip until soft and then add the sugar, vnlla Vanilla Extract + and salt.
- Beat until soft peaks form. Be careful not to overbeat or the cream will become grainy.
Vanilla Spiced Cherries
- Add all ingredients to a pot and cover with water.
- Gently cook until syrup is thickened.
- Cool overnight.
- Remove whole spices before serving.
- Cut a slice of cake and place on a plate.
- Gently arrange cherries on top of cake,
- Put a big dallop of whipped cream on top.
Want more good stuff?
Sign up for our newsletter to get tasty recipes and other sweet surprises.