Spice Blend Ingredients7 Total
- 2 ½ Tbsp (17g) Black Peppercorns
- ½ Tbsp (3g)Hot Smoked Paprika
- ¾ Tbsp (5g) Paprika
- 2 Tbsp Salt (36g)
- ½ Tbsp (3) Dried Thyme
- ¾ Tbsp (5g) Dried Oregano
- ½ Tbsp (3g) Dried Basil
BBQ Sauce Base Ingredients7 Total
- ¼ cup dark roux
- 3 Tbsp (41g) Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 cup(500g) White Wine
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 cup (250g) Worcestershire
- 2 Tbsp (28g) Tabasco
- 2 Tbsp (15g) BBQ Spice Blend
Vanilla Grits Ingredients9 Total
- 2 cups (500g) Water
- 2 cups (500g) Milk
- 1 cup (257g) Grits
- ½ cup (250g) Heavy Cream
- 4 Tbsp (57g) Butter
- 1 cup (500g) Stock
- Salt to taste
- Black Pepper to taste
- 1 ½ tsp (6g) VNLLA extract co extract
BBQ Shrimp Ingredients9 Total
- 12 ea U10 Shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 3 Tbsp (22g) BBQ Spice
- 1 cup (286g) BBQ Sauce
- 1 Onion, small dice
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ cup red bell pepper, small dice
- ½ cup green bell pepper, small dice.
- ¼ lb (115g) Andouille sausage, rounds, cut on a bias.
- 2 cups (500g) shrimp stock
- Method: Combine ingredients, reserve for later use.
BBQ Sauce Base
- Place olive oil in a hot pan with garlic and sweat lightly until aromatic.
- Add BBQ spice and allow to toast for 10-15 seconds.
- Deglaze with white wine and allow to reduce by 25%.
- Add Worcestershire, Tabasco, and dark roux. Cook out slightly until proper consistency is reached.
- Bring water and milk to a boil.
- Slowly begin to add grits, stirring constantly. As they begin to thicken, turn down the heat to a simmer and add stock.
- Cook for about 30-40 min on a low simmer to prevent scorching.
- Add butter, extract, and cream and simmer for 5 more minutes.
- Season to taste.
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat.
- Add onion and garlic, cook about 2-3 minutes until sweated.
- Add bell peppers and BBQ spice. Allow pepper to sweat and spices to toast, about 1-2 minutes.
- Add BBQ sauce, stock, and shrimp.
- Cook until shrimp are tender but cooked through and sauce is thickened.
Serve with Vanilla Grits.
Want more good stuff?
Sign up for our newsletter to get tasty recipes and other sweet surprises.