Buttermilk Panna Cotta with Hazelnut Vanilla Streusel
TOTAL TIME 1 Hour
YIELD 1/4 Sheet Pan
Buttermilk Panna Cotta Ingredients7 Total
- 4 Sheets (12g) Sheet Gelatin
- 1 Cup (203g) Heavy Cream
- 6 tbsp + 1 tsp (80g)
- 1/2 Cup + 1 tbsp (100g) Milk
- 1 Cup (247g) Buttermilk
- Pinch (.5g) Sea Salt
- 2 tbsp (2g) vnlla Pure Vanilla Extract
Hazelnut Vanilla Streusel Ingredients7 Total
- 1 stick (113g) Butter, Unsalted (Room Temp)
- 3 1/2 tbsp (56g) Hazelnut Butter
- 10 tsp (42g) Sugar
- 1 Cup (113g) All Purpose Flour
- 1/4 Cup (30g) Cornstarch
- 3 tsp (12g) vnlla Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1 3/4 Cups (200g) Hazelnuts, Crushed
Optional Toppings Ingredients4 Total
- Toasted Coconut Shavings (Optional)
- Cherries (Optional)
- Fresh herbs like thyme, basil, or mint (Optional)
- Additional Hazelnuts (Optional)
Buttermilk Panna Cotta
- Place the gelatin sheets into ice water and let bloom for 4 minutes. Pull the sheets out of the ice water and wring out all excess water. Set aside.
- In a sauce pot, gently heat the cream and sugar until the sugar has fully dissolved.
- While the cream mixture is still hot, add in bloomed gelatin and mix until it’s fully melted.
- Let the cream mixture cool to around 100*F.
- In a bowl, combine the milk, buttermilk, salt, and our Pure Vanilla Extract
- Then pour the cream mixture through a strainer into the milk bowl.
- Gently whisk the mixture together. Try to avoid incorporating any additional air.
- Pour mixture into glasses or mold and let cool to room temperature before refrigerating overnight.
Hazelnut Vanilla Streusel
- Pre-heat oven to 325*F.
- In a stand mixer bowl with paddle attachment, cream the butter, hazelnut butter, and sugar, until light and fluffy.
- Add in the rest of the ingredients and gently mix together.
- Crumble the mixture and place onto a baking sheet.
- Bake for 3 minutes then stir and repeat until the mix is evenly golden.
- Let fully cool prior to using.
- Remove Panna Cotta from mold and place on a serving plate.
- Top with Hazelnut Streussel and any optional toppings.
Want more good stuff?
Sign up for our newsletter to get tasty recipes and other sweet surprises.