Classic Root Beer Float with True Vanilla Ice Cream
Classic Root Beer Float with True Vanilla Ice Cream Ingredients8 Total
- 1 1/2 cups (360g) Heavy Cream
- 1 cup (240g) Whole Milk
- ½ cup Sugar (100g), separated into ¼ cups (50g)
- Pinch of Kosher Salt
- ½ Vanilla Bean
- 3 tsp (12g) vnlla Pure Vanilla Extract
- 5 (90g) Large Egg Yolks
- 1 Bottle of Your Favorite Root Beer
The Perfect Vanilla Ice Cream
- Combine cream, milk, sugar, and salt in a medium saucepan.
- Scrape vanilla bean and add bean flecks, the bean pod, and vnlla Pure Vanilla Extract to the saucepan.
- Bring mixture to a simmer, stirring to dissolve sugar.
- Remove from heat. Let sit for 30 minutes.
- Whisk egg yolks and sugar in a medium bowl until pale, about 2 minutes.
- Gradually whisk in ½ cup warm cream mixture.
- Whisk yolk mixture into remaining cream mixture.
- Cook mixture over medium heat, stirring constantly, until thick enough to coat a wooden spoon, 2–3 minutes.
- Strain custard into a medium bowl set over a bowl of ice water; let cool, stirring occasionally.
- Process custard in an ice cream maker according to manufacturer’s instructions. Transfer to an airtight container; cover.
- Freeze until firm, at least 4 hours and up to 1 week.
- Grab a milkshake glass, pint glass, or mason jar. Leave in the freezer for at least 15 minutes to slow the melting of float.
- Add two scoops of vanilla ice cream.
- Just add your favorite Root Beer to fill to the top of your glass
Want more good stuff?
Sign up for our newsletter to get tasty recipes and other sweet surprises.