TOTAL TIME 24 Hours 30 Minutes
YIELD 1 Cocktail
Spiced Vanilla Oleo Saccharum Ingredients4 Total
- 1 tablespoon (13g) vnlla Vanilla Extract + Spice
- 8 ounces (225g) Granulated Sugar
- 4 Key Limes
- 8 ounces (237g) Brewed Ginger Green Tea
Assembly Ingredients6 Total
- 2 ounces (57g) Vodka
- ¾ ounce (22g) Spiced Vanilla Oleo Saccharum
- ¾ ounce (22g) Lemon Juice
- 1 heaping barspoon Damtuh Citron Honey Tea
- 1 Egg White
- ½ ounce (14g) Tonic Water
This cocktail combines just about all my favorite vanilla pairings in one. The vanilla extract + spice covered my first, which is vanilla and all-spice. I wanted to combine that with a trio of citrus (key lime, lemon and citron) and just a hint of ginger and vegetal from the green tea. When it all comes together this cocktail has beautiful texture, sweetness and tartness with vanilla running through every note.
Spiced Vanilla Oleo Saccharum
- In a non-reactive container, combine the sugar and vanilla extract.
- Cut the key limes in halves and lightly squeeze juice into sugar, placing the rinds into the sugar as well and stir to mix.
- Let stand overnight.
- Pour the ginger tea over the mixture.
- Stir until all sugar is dissolved and fine strain solids.
- Store refrigerated.
To Assemble and Serve:
- Combine all ingredients except tonic in a cocktail shaker and dry shake without ice.
- Add ice and hard shake.
- Add a splash of tonic and strain into a chilled cocktail coupe.
- Express a lemon twist over cocktail and discard.
- Garnish with a mint leaf.
Want more good stuff?
Sign up for our newsletter to get tasty recipes and other sweet surprises.