Brioche Dough Ingredients Ingredients10 Total
- 1 tsp (3g) Active Dry Yeast
- 1/2 cup + 1 tbsp (100g) Milk
- 2 (100g) Eggs
- 1 tsp (4g) vnlla Vanilla Extract + Spice
- 1/4 tsp (1g) vnlla Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1 cup (125g) All Purpose Flour
- 1 cup (125g) Bread Flour
- 1 1/2 tsp (7g) Fine Sea Salt
- 1 stick (113g) Butter, Unsalted, Cubed
- 3 1/2 tbsp (42g) Sugar
Coriander Spice Filling Ingredients Ingredients7 Total
- 1/2 stick (57g) Butter, Unsalted, Room Temp
- 1 tsp (7g) Honey
- 1/4 cup (50g) Dark Brown Sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp (3g) Ground Coriander
- 3/4 tsp (2g) Cocoa Powder
- 1/4 tsp (1g) Fine Sea Salt
- 3/4 tsp (3g) vnlla Vanilla Extract + Spice
Babka Glaze Ingredients Ingredients3 Total
- 10 tbsp (125g) Sugar
- 1/2 cup (100g) Water
- 1 tbsp (20g) Honey
- Warm milk to 90- 95*F. Whisk in yeast and let bloom for 5 minutes.
- Pour milk mixture into the bottom of the mixing bowl.
- Then add the eggs along with the vnlla Vanilla Extract + Spice and vnlla Pure Vanilla Extract, the flours and salt.
- Using a dough hook, mix on speed one to combine until a dough is formed.
- Turn speed up to medium and mix the dough for 2-4 minutes.
- The dough is “done” mixing once the dough passes the “window pane” test. To check if the dough passes this test, take a quarter sized piece of dough out and gently stretch the center out as thin as you can before it tears. The dough should be thin as tissue paper or thinner prior to ripping.You should be able to see through the dough.
- Toss the cubed butter with the sugar.
- After the dough passes the window pane test, on medium speed gradually add a few cubes of butter sugar mixture into dough. Before adding in more of the butter sugar mixture, make sure that everything has been fully mixed into the dough.
- Once all the butter sugar mixture has been added and the dough is homogenous, cover with plastic wrap and let rise at room temp (+/- 80*F) for 45 minutes.
- Place dough in an oiled or sprayed container (big enough to accommodate dough doubling in size) and refrigerate overnight.
Coriander Spice Filling:
- Place all ingredients in a mixer bowl and using a paddle attachment, cream until light and fluffy.
- Bring to a boil and cook for 2 minutes.
- Spray with cooking spray and line a loaf pan with parchment paper.
- Pre-heat oven to 325°F.
- While the dough is cold, roll it out to 10” tall by 9” wide.
- Evenly spread filling over dough except for a 1” strip along the bottom.
- With a little bit of water, dampen the 1” strip of dough.
- Roll the dough towards you like a cinnamon roll and pinch the seam closed.
- Using a sharp knife, cut down the center of the rolled dough widthways (9”).
- Carefully separate the halves and twist them over each other (“braid”). Then gently place it into the loaf pan.
- Cover with plastic wrap and let the dough proof in an ambiently warm place. The dough should look like it has doubled in size and should indent when poked with a floured finger.
- Brush dough with egg wash and bake until the internal temperature reads 185° or higher.
- Let the loaf cool for 8-10 minutes then gently unmold from the pan and remove parchment paper and place on a wire cooling rack.
- Brush with the cooled glaze.
Want more good stuff?
Sign up for our newsletter to get tasty recipes and other sweet surprises.