Lemon Swirl Cookie with Orange Turmeric Cream Filling
TOTAL TIME 1 Hour
YIELD Bakers Dozen (13 Cookies)
Lemon Swirl Cookie Ingredients7 Total
- 6 1/2 tbsp (50g) Powdered Sugar
- 1 tsp (2g) Lemon Zest
- 2 1/4 tsp (9g) vnlla Vanilla Extract + Lemon
- 1 1/2 cups (200g) All Purpose Flour
- 2 tsp (5g) Cornstarch
- 1/2 tsp (2g) Baking Powder
- 1/4 tsp (1g) Fine Sea Salt
Orange Turmeric Cream Filling Ingredients6 Total
- 2 sticks (225g) Butter, Unsalted, Room Temp
- 17 ounces (480g) Powdered Sugar, Sifted
- 2 tsp (6g) Ground Turmeric
- 1/8tsp (Pinch) Fine Sea Salt
- 4 1/2 (17g) vnlla Vanilla Extract + Orange
- 1/4 cup (57g) Orange Juice
Lemon Swirl Cookie
- In a stand mixer bowl with paddle attachment, cream the butter, sugar, zest and our Vanilla Extract + Lemon until light and fluffy.
- Sift all the powdered sugar, all purpose flour, baking powder, and sea salt together then add to the creamed mixture.
- Mix starting on low then increase speed to medium and mix until a smooth dough/ batter has been formed.
- Place dough into a piping bag with a #824 star tip.
- Pre-heat oven to 350*F.
- Pipe rosettes and chill for a minimum 20 minutes.
- Bake cookies for 5 minutes on a baking sheet then rotate the sheet and bake for another 5 minutes. The cookies should be lightly golden around the edges and bottom.
- Let fully cool prior to sandwiching.
Orange Turmeric Cream Filling
- In a stand mixer bowl with paddle attachment, cream the butter, sugar, turmeric, and salt until light and fluffy.
- On medium low speed, slowly stream in the Vanilla Extract + Orange and orange juice.
- Once all the liquids have been added, turn speed up to medium high and paddle for 2 minutes.
- Place into a pastry bag with a #821 star tip.
- Match cookies so the tops and bottoms are the same size.
- Pipe a rosette of cream filling on the bottom cookie.
- Place the cream topped cookie into the fridge for 5 minutes.
- Place the top cookie on top of the chilled cream filling.
Want more good stuff?
Sign up for our newsletter to get tasty recipes and other sweet surprises.