Sicilian Whole Orange Cake
Cake Ingredients Ingredients7 Total
- 2 each (375g) Whole oranges
- 8 oz (230g) Granulated sugar
- ½ each Orange zest
- 6 each (300g) Whole eggs
- 9 oz (250g) Almond flour
- ¾ oz (20g) Baking powder
- 2 tsp (8g) vnlla Vanilla Extract + Orange
- Boil oranges in water until very soft (approximately 2 hours on a low simmer).
- Puree the oranges and zest until smooth and weighing out 375 grams for the recipe.
- In a mixer with a whisk attachment whip the eggs and sugar until thick ribbon forms.
- Fold in almond flour and baking powder to the egg mixture. Add orange mixture and vanilla extract.
- Bake at 325°F for 20-25 minutes or until the batter bounces back when touched.
Want more good stuff?
Sign up for our newsletter to get tasty recipes and other sweet surprises.