Cake Ingredients10 Total
- 1 1/4 cup (382.5g) banana
- 1 1/4 cup (99g) walnut
- 3 1/2 cups (427.5g) almond flour
- 2.5 tsp (6.5g) cinnamon
- 1 tsp (2.5g) cardamom
- 1 1/4 tsp (4.8g) baking powder
- 1.5tsp (3.75g) salt
- 3 (150g) eggs
- 2 1/4 cups (154.5g) honey
- 1 tsp (5g) vnlla Vanilla Extract + Spice
Buttercream Ingredients4 Total
- 1/2 cup (113.5g) vegan butter
- 2 cups (250g) powdered sugar
- 1 tbsp (15g) almond milk
- 1 tsp (5g) vnlla Vanilla Extract + Orange
Garnish Ingredients1 Total
- 1 ea orange, zested
- Pre-heat your oven to 325F.
- Place the banana, eggs, honey, and vnlla Vanilla Extract + Spice into the bowl of a mixer and, using the paddle attachment, mix on low until homogenous.
- Sift the remaining ingredients, except walnut, into the mixing bowl and mix on low until incorporated.
- Fold in the walnuts using a spatula.
- Spray a 9″ loaf pan with non-stick spray and spoon the batter into the pan, spreading in an even layer.
- Place in the oven and cook for 80 minutes. Once cooked, remove the pan from the oven and place onto a tray lined with a wire rack. Allow the cake to cool in the pan for 2 hours before serving.
- For the buttercream, combine all the ingredients into the bowl of a mixer and, using the whisk attachment, mix until fluffy and homogenous.
- To assemble, spoon the buttercream over the top of the cooled cake and spread evenly over the top.
- Using a microplane, zest one orange over the top.
Want more good stuff?
Sign up for our newsletter to get tasty recipes and other sweet surprises.