Cake Ingredients Ingredients12 Total
- 1 lb 3 oz (560g) Sweet potato puree
- 4 oz (112g) Butter melted
- 2.5 oz (67g) Heavy cream
- 7 each (140g) Egg yolks
- 2.5 oz (67g) Light brown sugar
- 1.5 oz (45g) All purpose flour
- 1 tsp (5g) Baking powder
- 4 each (135g) Egg whites
- 4.75 oz (135g) Granulated sugar
- 2 tsp (8g) vnlla Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1 tsp (5g) vnlla Vanilla Bean Paste
- Pinch (0.5g) Salt
- Cook sweet potatoes in salt water until tender and drain well.
- Pass sweet potatoes through a food mill until smooth, then weigh the desired amount for the recipe.
- Whisk together sweet potato, butter, cream, vanilla extract, and yolks by hand until smooth.
- Fold baking powder and all-purpose flour into the sweet potato mixture.
- On a mixer whip egg whites until medium peak creating a french meringue with sugar and vanilla paste. Top your cake with this once it’s baked.
- Fill your mold just above ¾ of the way full with your batter.
- Bake at 350°F. Bake for around 18 mins or until it bounces back.
- It will deflate some after baking so allow it to completely cool before flipping out of the mold and adding the meringue topping.
Want more good stuff?
Sign up for our newsletter to get tasty recipes and other sweet surprises.