Vanilla Candied Maitake Mushrooms with Chocolate Cake
Candied Maitake Mushrooms Ingredients Ingredients4 Total
- 1 lb (450g) Maitake Mushrooms
- 8 oz (225g) Sugar
- 3 tsp (12g) vnlla Vanilla Extract + Spice
- 2 Cinnamon Sticks
Chocolate Cake Ingredients Ingredients11 Total
- 2 cups (250g) All-Purpose Flour
- 1 tsp (6g) Salt
- 1 tsp (4g) Baking Powder
- 2 tsp (6g) Baking Soda
- 3/4 cup (75g) Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
- 2 cups (400g) Sugar
- 1 cup (240g) Vegetable Oil
- 1 cup (236ml) Hot Coffee
- 1 cup (240g) Whole Milk
- 2 large (100g) Eggs
- 1 tsp (4g) vnlla Pure Vanilla Extract
Candied Maitake Mushrooms
- Combine all ingredients and cover with water.
- Cook slowly until all water is gone and syrup starts to caramelize.
- Remove from heat and add just enough water to loosen up mushrooms.
- Preheat oven to 325°F.
- In a large mixing bowl, sift together dry ingredients.
- Add oil, coffee, and milk and mix at medium speed for 2 minutes.
- Add eggs and vnlla Vanilla Extract + and beat for 2 more minutes. Expect the batter to be thin.
- Pour into a greased and floured 9″ x 13″ pan or 2 9″ round pans.
- Bake 9 x 13 pan for about 45 minutes or the 9″ pans for about 30 minutes.
- Cool in pans for about 15 minutes, carefully remove, then cool completely on racks.
- Cut a slice of cake and place on a plate.
- Gently arrange mushrooms on top of cake and serve!
Want more good stuff?
Sign up for our newsletter to get tasty recipes and other sweet surprises.