Miso Chocolate Chip Cookies with vnlla Spiced Ice Cream
Chocolate Chip Cookies Ingredients8 Total
- 1 Stick and 6 tbsp (200g) Butter
- 11 tbs (150g) Brown Sugar
- 1 (50g) Egg
- 1 Egg Yolk
- 1 tbsp (16g) vnlla Pure Vanilla Extract
- 4 tbsp (68g) Miso
- 1 tsp (5g) Baking Soda
- 11oz (300g) Chocolate Chips
Vnlla Spice Ice Cream Ingredients5 Total
- 4 1/3 Cup (1000g) Coconut Milk
- 3/4 Cup (145g) Sugar
- 3/4 Cup (170g) Water
- 2 tbsp (34g) vnlla Vanilla Extract + Spice
- 1 tsp (5g) Salt
Chocolate Chip Cookies
- In a saucepan brown your butter.
- Transfer to a mixing bowl and let cool.
- Add your sugars and mix to combine, followed by the eggs, vanilla and miso.
- You want to whisk the mixture until it gets light in color and appears to have doubled in size.
- Add your dry ingredients (including any dry additions like matcha) and combine until it forms a dough. Mix in your chocolate chips (and any additions like nuts, dried fruit, coconut). If the dough is too wet, chill for 30 minutes.
- Form the dough into flat cylinders and if you have the patience, chill overnight.
- When the dough is ready, bake at 325 (for convection) or 350.
- Bake for 5-7 minutes until the edges are caramelized and the center is golden brown.
- Caramelize your sugar and water in a large saucepan (or don’t! You just need to have a thickened syrup).
- Add your coconut milk and reduce by ⅓.
- Chill completely and spin according to your ice cream maker’s instructions.
Want more good stuff?
Sign up for our newsletter to get tasty recipes and other sweet surprises.