The Perfect Vanilla Ice Cream Ingredients7 Total
- 1 1/2 cups (360g) Heavy Cream
- 1 cup (240g) Whole Milk
- ½ cup Sugar (100g), separated into ¼ cups (50g)
- Pinch of Kosher Salt
- ½ Vanilla Bean
- 3 tsp (12g) vnlla Pure Vanilla Extract
- 5 (90g) Large Egg Yolks
The Perfect Vanilla Ice Cream
- Combine cream, milk, sugar, and salt in a medium saucepan.
- Scrape vanilla bean and add bean flecks, the bean pod, and vnlla Pure Vanilla Extract to the saucepan.
- Bring mixture to a simmer, stirring to dissolve sugar.
- Remove from heat. Let sit for 30 minutes.
- Whisk egg yolks and sugar in a medium bowl until pale, about 2 minutes.
- Gradually whisk in ½ cup warm cream mixture.
- Whisk yolk mixture into remaining cream mixture.
- Cook mixture over medium heat, stirring constantly, until thick enough to coat a wooden spoon, 2–3 minutes.
- Strain custard into a medium bowl set over a bowl of ice water; let cool, stirring occasionally.
- Process custard in an ice cream maker according to manufacturer’s instructions. Transfer to an airtight container; cover.
- Freeze until firm, at least 4 hours and up to 1 week.
Want more good stuff?
Sign up for our newsletter to get tasty recipes and other sweet surprises.